“River Kwai Bridge” This railway bridge is popular with the movie “Bridge over the River Kwai”, which is a bridge over the Mae Klong River (Later renamed Kwai Yai to match the novel) and is also the most important landmark of Landmark and Memorials in Thailand.
Kanchanaburi’s symbol The River Kwai Bridge was damaged until the Thai government rebuilt after the war ended. In 1946 And can be used as before until now
Every year, around the end of November until the beginning of December There will be a Bridge Week over the River Kwai to commemorate the death railway construction during World War II, with exhibitions of historical and archaeological exhibitions. Folk performances, fairs of local products And the light and sound show creating a spectacular sight on this River Kwai Bridge.
The construction claimed over 100,000 workers and prisoners of war under the Japanese army. There will be an important location related to the Bridge over the River Kwai, namely Don Rak Confederate Military Cemetery. In which the remains of the prisoner of war soldiers died during the construction of the Death Railway
Open for him to watch every day, 24 hours a day. No entrance fee.
Travel : River, World War 2-related sites, historical sites and monuments, landmarks and monuments.
- Bangkok, using Petchkasem Road (Highway 4) heading to Nakhon Pathom Province Then drive straight to Ratchaburi
- From Bangkok, use the Pinklao – Nakhon Chai Si Road (Highway 338) heading to Nakhon Pathom. Then drive straight to Ratchaburi
Both routes must pass Nakhon Chai Si intersection. From Nakhon Chai Si intersection, go straight by going past Ban Phaeo junction. Pass the bridge to Nakhon Pathom city. Passing through the junction to Suphan Buri Province From there, reach the bridge to Kanchanaburi (this bridge is on the far left lane)
Location : Maenam Kwai Road, Tha Makham Subdistrict, Mueang Kanchanaburi District, Kanchanaburi 71000
Map Coordinate : https://goo.gl/maps/4htzMNB2Z8evVmxf6
Kanchanaburi tourist attractions 🙂
- Morning train trip to Prasat Muang Singh Historical Park, day trip in the evening .. 👉 Read more. Click ..
- Sai Yok Noi Fall Train Trip, Morning trip – Evening return .. 👉 Read more. Click ..
- A train trip trip to The Suan Sai Yok Adventure Park in the morning-evening return .. 👉 Read more. Click ..
- Pom Pee Viewpoint Khao Laem National Park, Kanchanaburi .. 👉 Read more. Click ..
- Hellfire Pass, World War 2 History Kanchanaburi .. 👉 Read more. Click ..
- Tiger Cave Temple, Kanchanaburi Pay respect to the pagoda at Ket Kaew, Phra Yai Yai Castle, 360 degree natural view .. 👉 Read more ..
- Wat Somdet Kao, Sangkhla Buri, Kanchanaburi .. 👉 Read more. Click ..
- River Kwai Village Resort and Onsen in the middle of nature in Kanchanaburi .. 👉 Read more. Click ..
- The largest pool in the Suphan-swan lake in the world .. 👉 Read more. Click ..
- River Kwai Village Hotel Complete accommodation with hot spring baths, swimming pools, boat trips, jungle trekking amidst the warmth of fair .. 👉 Read more. Click ..
- Cafe in lush rice fields with views of the beautiful Tiger Cave Temple .. 👉 Read more. Click ..
- Muang Sing Historical Park The only Khmer art in Kanchanaburi .. 👉 Read more. Click ..
- E-Tong Village, Biloxi Mine, surrounded by mountains and mist in the midst of warm nature .. 👉 Read more. Click ..
- Historical Tourism, River Kwai Bridge, Kanchanaburi .. 👉 Read more. Click ..
- Giant Chamchuri Tree Resting point under the shade, cool and refreshing .. 👉 Read more. Click ..
- Wat Tham Phu Wa, beautiful stalactite and stalactite cave .. 👉 Read more. Click ..
- Wat Ban Tham, an ancient temple in the Sukhothai period on a beautiful mountain .. 👉 Read more. Click ..
- Keeree Mantra, farm style cafe surrounded by mountain views amidst nature .. 👉 Read more. Click ..