Wonders of the Phu Pha Phet Cave, Ban Khuan Din Dam Community Is a tourist attraction for conservation Located in the Khao Ban Wildlife Sanctuary Come to experience the magic of the 4th largest cave in the world, inviting a 360 ° virtual cave cave. It’s so beautiful.
With an area of approximately 50 rai in the cave, it is unbelievable that within the tall cave that we have to exert, walk up over 342 stairs to the small cliffs above. There are more than 20 spacious cave halls, such as Naga Room, Saeng Morakot Room. Diamond curtain rooms, coral rooms and enormous stalactites and stalagmites, like diamonds, sparkle when the light hits the largest in the country. And large chimneys caused by landslides Another important highlight of the emerald light room Deep inside the cave The ceiling of the cave has a window allowing light to penetrate into the middle of the dark cave. During the months of July – August, the beam can be seen clearly.
The discovery of Phu Pha Phet Cave occurred when archaeologists at the Office of Archeology and the National Museum of Songkhla 10 surveyed the cave according to the legend of Phra Thudong called “Luang Ta Prang” who discovered this cave. When the survey was completed Have found archaeological evidence that This Phu Pha Phet cave is probably the habitat of prehistoric humans about 3,000 years ago, with ancient human bones found. Pottery fragments coated with rope handprint The bottom of the container has a shell attached to the shell. And since then, has developed into a tourist destination
Walking inside the cave is more convenient than other caves because the large caves make walking easier. Including the ceiling height of the cave There is a stairway connecting the room all the way to make it more convenient. For those interested, can travel to all seasons from 08.00-15.30 hrs.
Things to prepare and recommend
- Strong light flashlight, wide radius (in front of the cave is available for rent at 20 baht per piece)
- Drinking water, cut and sip on the way
- Before reaching the entrance of the cave, we have to walk over 300 stairs.
- The camera in the cave has many beautiful stalactites and stalagmites. Worthy of recording
- Good tourist guide Should have knowledge for traveling. Phu Pha Phet Cave will provide a guide for 1 person / large group.
- Do not make loud noises In the cave, your voice will resonate very much. Quite disturbing nature And other faculty tourists Food and beverages are not allowed to be eaten inside the cave.
Business hours and admission rates
- Open daily from 08:30 – 15.30 hrs.
- Open until 4:00 pm
- The fee is 20 baht per person.
- The parking fee is 30 baht per vehicle.
Location : Phu Pha Phet Cave, Village No. 9, Ban Pa Phon Subdistrict, Palm Phatthana Sub-district, Manang District, Satun Province
Map Coordinate : https://goo.gl/maps/PCM45cXQCdtX8DTGA