Historical sights “Muang Sing Historical Park”, Kanchanaburi Province Located on the Kwai Noi River With an area of 641 rai, a square town plan made of red Siri Width of 880 meters Influenced by Cambodian culture About the 18th century Buddhism 800 years ago. Similar to the art of Jayavarman VII (1720-1780)
“Muang Sing Historical Park” or Prasat Mueang Sing It’s an ancient art. And is a Khmer architecture like “Phimai Historical Park” located in Phimai District. Nakhon Ratchasima province consists of a large and beautiful stone castle in the Khmer Empire. Built in the reign of King Suryavarman 1, around the 16th century, to be used as a temple of Brahmanism And later changed to Mahayana Buddhism
Things you should know “Muang Sing Historical Park”
This Muang Sing Historical Park is located on the bank of the Kwai Noi River in Singha sub-district, Sai Yok district, Kanchanaburi province. This temple was built to be a Mahayana Buddhist temple, which has architecture and sculptures similar to that of the reign of King Jayavarman VII. From the excavation of the Fine Arts Department The most important art found is Naga image Buddha Bodhisattva Avalokitesevara and Mrs. Prachya Parimita And found another image of the Bodhisattva Avalokitesvara The appearance is similar to that found in Cambodia as well.
From the inscription of Phra Khan Castle in Phra Nakhon, Cambodia, which is engraved by the heroic son of King Jayavarman VII, inscribing the name of the 23 cities that King Jayavarman VII created. Which is assumed to be the city Prasat Mueang Singh
There is also another concept about the origin of Prasat Muang Singh, which is believed to Probably a construction imitating Khmer castle. After the reign of King Jayavarman VII and should have nothing to do with the name of Srichai Singburi Or Srichai Singburi in the inscription because that Architectural features lacking balance and harmony, and there are deviations in the positioning of the building. As well as the inscriptions on the sandstone base supporting the sculpture, letters and Khmer language after the capital city Or after the reign of Jayavarman VII
View Point “Muang Sing Historical Park”
In the Prasat Muang Sing area, there will be a QR Code to scan for receiving information to display on the smartphone. There are languages to choose from, Thai, English, French, Japanese and Chinese. Suggest history And various important places Of Prasat Muang Singh for tourists who are visiting to be more convenient to learn historical information
Ruins within the Muang Sing Historical Park. Can be divided into
Archaeological number 1 is located in the center of the archaeological group. And consists of the President’s Prang, Khod Kopura, Banhasala and Kamphaeng Kaew. The President’s Prang is located in the middle of the building and houses important images of worship. The construction of laterite is an important material.
Archaeological number 2 has the President’s Prang on the four sides, but has broken down a lot, not much restoration And was a place to dig up idols
Archaeological number 3 This archaeological site is located outside the glass wall. Looks like a small building built of bricks and laterite. In which the Fine Arts Department assumes that it is a second body
Archaeological number 4, located near the number 3, is still restored as a rectangular building. The construction of laterite building is an important material.
Archaeological excavations Located by the river Which excavated the whole skeleton Utensils Bronze utensils Pottery Tools Iron Necklace made of stone beads and glass beads. Which clearly indicates that these communities occurred before the construction of Muang Sing Because it was the body of a person who died 2,000 years ago, presumably the same era as people in the old house community
In addition, the building exhibits objects. Have exhibited historical evidence excavated in the area of Prasat Muang Singh Siva’s head Pottery Buddha mold, which is a replica Because the Fine Arts Department has kept it at the Bangkok National Museum
Contact : Mueang Sing Historical Park Kanchanaburi,
Tel. 034-6702645. Open daily from 8.00-17.00 hrs.
Admission fee rate
- Thai people, each 20 baht per person
- Foreigners, each 100 baht
- 50 baht per car
- 20 baht per motorcycle
- 10 baht per bicycle
How to get there : Follow Highway 323, Kanchanaburi – Sai Yok route until the 15th kilometer. There will be a junction left to Prasat Muang Sing for another 7 kilometers.
Nearby attractions Traveling with Google Maps is very convenient.
- Muang Sing Historical Park
- Tiger Cave Temple and Thung Na Cafe
- Giant Chamchuri Tree
- Bridge on the River Kwai
- Vietnam Veterans Museum
- Chang Puak Elephant Camp Kanchanaburi
- Mallika R.E.124 The Siamese Living Heritage Town 124
- Leopard cave
- Captive Cave Museum
- Krasae Cave Bridge – Deathly Arch
- Pha Lat Waterfall
- Jon Sasa Waterfall (after Yen Sanit Temple)
Location : Mueang Sing Historical Park, Sing Subdistrict, Sai Yok District, Kanchanaburi 71150
Map Coordinate : https://goo.gl/maps/u23RXXSPaGeT7LVP6
Kanchanaburi tourist attractions 🙂
- Morning train trip to Prasat Muang Singh Historical Park, day trip in the evening .. 👉 Read more. Click ..
- Sai Yok Noi Fall Train Trip, Morning trip – Evening return .. 👉 Read more. Click ..
- A train trip trip to The Suan Sai Yok Adventure Park in the morning-evening return .. 👉 Read more. Click ..
- Pom Pee Viewpoint Khao Laem National Park, Kanchanaburi .. 👉 Read more. Click ..
- Hellfire Pass, World War 2 History Kanchanaburi .. 👉 Read more. Click ..
- Tiger Cave Temple, Kanchanaburi Pay respect to the pagoda at Ket Kaew, Phra Yai Yai Castle, 360 degree natural view .. 👉 Read more ..
- Wat Somdet Kao, Sangkhla Buri, Kanchanaburi .. 👉 Read more. Click ..
- River Kwai Village Resort and Onsen in the middle of nature in Kanchanaburi .. 👉 Read more. Click ..
- The largest pool in the Suphan-swan lake in the world .. 👉 Read more. Click ..
- River Kwai Village Hotel Complete accommodation with hot spring baths, swimming pools, boat trips, jungle trekking amidst the warmth of fair .. 👉 Read more. Click ..
- Cafe in lush rice fields with views of the beautiful Tiger Cave Temple .. 👉 Read more. Click ..
- Muang Sing Historical Park The only Khmer art in Kanchanaburi .. 👉 Read more. Click ..
- E-Tong Village, Biloxi Mine, surrounded by mountains and mist in the midst of warm nature .. 👉 Read more. Click ..
- Historical Tourism, River Kwai Bridge, Kanchanaburi .. 👉 Read more. Click ..
- Giant Chamchuri Tree Resting point under the shade, cool and refreshing .. 👉 Read more. Click ..
- Wat Tham Phu Wa, beautiful stalactite and stalactite cave .. 👉 Read more. Click ..
- Wat Ban Tham, an ancient temple in the Sukhothai period on a beautiful mountain .. 👉 Read more. Click ..
- Keeree Mantra, farm style cafe surrounded by mountain views amidst nature .. 👉 Read more. Click ..