Tourist attraction “Chong Khao Khat ” is a memory museum. Located in the area of 64–65 km on Highway 323, Kanchanaburi – Sai Yok – Thong Pha Phum
From the past that used to be an area of terrifying events Today, this place has become a collection of photos. Appliances during World War II railway construction by the Australian government Established a museum in a beautiful order
Within the area there is a nature trail to the Chong Khao Khat. Which is a garden of the Death Railway that was a prisoner of war in World War 2, cutting the rocky mountains by hand without modern tools To be a channel for building the Thai-Burma railway (Death Railway Route) There are still signs of the railway appearing on the railway route.
The history of the Hellfire Pass excavation began in April 1943. It appears that the work was delayed, so there was a period in which the prisoners of war were rushed. New Zealand who are arrested as laborers All have to work across the day overnight Use the force to extract the mountain by hand. Which is a very brutal work Because having to climb down to extract in the gorge, which is sometimes up to 11 meters, almost without breathing air and still have to work in the hot weather during March.
A statement from a former prisoner of war That was accidentally found on the Memorial Day event Makes you feel depressed Because of the prisoner of war labor In water and food shortage When sick, doctors and medical devices are not enough for nursing. Must take care of each other There were both captives who fell ill. And there are both captives who have died
Pictures of prisoners of war and laborers at the Chong Khao Khat must work at night with light from the crowd. Fire and Brigade makes Reflecting the shadow of the prisoner of war and the warden on the wall Causing here to be called “Hell Fire Channel”
For nature walks
Both routes use different walking times. The walk in the gorge takes about 1.5-2 hours. The upper part is tired and takes about 3-4 hours, but most of them come together. Will walk to the Chong Khao Khat and walk back If anyone comes, the administrator recommends wearing shoes that are suitable for walking, such as sneakers or hiking shoes.
Which on 25 April of each year is the Anzac Day (Australian and New Zealand Army Corps) or Memorial Day for Australian-New Zealand veterans There is a ritual to commemorate the soldiers who died in the war.
Visit and contact information
– open for viewing every Monday – Sunday 9.00 am – 16.00 pm, free of charge for any visits
– contact us at 034-531-347, 08-1754-2098, 08-1814-7564
Traveling to the Chong Khao Khat Museum
Kanchanaburi Town – 80 km Chong Khao Khat Museum,
Sai Yok Noi Waterfall – 20 km
Chong Khao Khat Museum, Chong Khao Khat – Sai Yok Yai Waterfall 20 km
Location : Tha Sao Sub-district, Sai Yok District, Kanchanaburi 71150
Map Coordinates : https://goo.gl/maps/hPc5iV5SBhA4GTqn6
Kanchanaburi tourist attractions 🙂
- Morning train trip to Prasat Muang Singh Historical Park, day trip in the evening .. 👉 Read more. Click ..
- Sai Yok Noi Fall Train Trip, Morning trip – Evening return .. 👉 Read more. Click ..
- A train trip trip to The Suan Sai Yok Adventure Park in the morning-evening return .. 👉 Read more. Click ..
- Pom Pee Viewpoint Khao Laem National Park, Kanchanaburi .. 👉 Read more. Click ..
- Hellfire Pass, World War 2 History Kanchanaburi .. 👉 Read more. Click ..
- Tiger Cave Temple, Kanchanaburi Pay respect to the pagoda at Ket Kaew, Phra Yai Yai Castle, 360 degree natural view .. 👉 Read more ..
- Wat Somdet Kao, Sangkhla Buri, Kanchanaburi .. 👉 Read more. Click ..
- River Kwai Village Resort and Onsen in the middle of nature in Kanchanaburi .. 👉 Read more. Click ..
- The largest pool in the Suphan-swan lake in the world .. 👉 Read more. Click ..
- River Kwai Village Hotel Complete accommodation with hot spring baths, swimming pools, boat trips, jungle trekking amidst the warmth of fair .. 👉 Read more. Click ..
- Cafe in lush rice fields with views of the beautiful Tiger Cave Temple .. 👉 Read more. Click ..
- Muang Sing Historical Park The only Khmer art in Kanchanaburi .. 👉 Read more. Click ..
- E-Tong Village, Biloxi Mine, surrounded by mountains and mist in the midst of warm nature .. 👉 Read more. Click ..
- Historical Tourism, River Kwai Bridge, Kanchanaburi .. 👉 Read more. Click ..
- Giant Chamchuri Tree Resting point under the shade, cool and refreshing .. 👉 Read more. Click ..
- Wat Tham Phu Wa, beautiful stalactite and stalactite cave .. 👉 Read more. Click ..
- Wat Ban Tham, an ancient temple in the Sukhothai period on a beautiful mountain .. 👉 Read more. Click ..
- Keeree Mantra, farm style cafe surrounded by mountain views amidst nature .. 👉 Read more. Click ..